The Second Administrative Reforms Commission (ARC) in its Twelfth Report entitled "Citizen Centric Administration - the Heart of Governance" has examined the issue of participation of citizens in administration.The commission is of the view that mechanisms for citizens' participation in governance could be conceptualized in the following main forms:
- Citizens seeking information.
- Citizens giving suggestions.
- Citizens demanding better service.
- Citizens holding service providers and other government agencies accountable.
- Active citizens' participation in administration / decision making.
These have been accepted by the Core Group on Administrative Reforms (CGAR) under the Chairmanship of Cabinet Secretary for encouraging citizens' participation.