1. A regular student, whose CPI cut off is 5 and above, can register on the placement portal. However, the CCD has the authority to change the minimum CPI criterion for placement registration with notification through webmail. In this case, students who do not meet the new CPI criteria will be automatically de-registered from the placement activities.
2. The students who apply for the initial selection procedure including CV submission/written test/GD/interview etc. have to attend the remaining selection procedure of that company/organization, if they are shortlisted by the organization in the initial selection procedure. If noticed otherwise, the students will be not allowed to take part in further placement activities.
3. Students are free to attend multiple processes as per their will and convenience during a particular slot if he/she have not yet been given an offer by a company.
4. A company can give offer to the student at any point during the allocated interview slot. In case the student gets selected in some company/organization, then he/she will be excluded from the procedure of any other company whose process is running in parallel with immediate effect.
5. Those who receive PPO thr' CCD's internship process and accepts it within the stipulated time period, are deemed to be PLACED. These students will be out of the final placement process starting from 1 December every year and need not register for the placement. Those who reject the PPO offer will be eligible to sit for final placement process and will be considered in the general pool.
6. After getting a job offer, if any student decides to withdraw his/her acceptance any time till the conclusion of the academic session (May ending), he/she must inform the company with a justifiable reason and through the CCD office immediately.
7. Only ‘Regular’ students are allowed to register on the online Placement portal for appearing in the campus placement activities. Students who are in other categories, such as, the ‘sponsored’ or ‘project staff’ and ‘Part-time’ category are not allowed.
8. A regular student of IIT Guwahati having foreign nationality, who wishes to sit for campus placements, must inform the company about his/her nationality. His application is subject to acceptance by the company /organization. Moreover the process of getting a work-permit and other formalities will be done by the student and the company itself.
9. Every student registered under CCD and/or got a PPO through CCD will pay a one-time Career Development Fee of Rs. 1000.00 only using IITG on-line fee payment system.
10. Centre for Career Development has the authority to take appropriate actions against any student found violating any of the above policies.
1. There may be PPTs./Tests on short notices due to unavoidable circumstances, since the companies sometimes come up with a short deadline. Students are asked to be prepared for such situations. However we shall try to avoid such situations as far as possible.
2. Always keep ready at least three sets of bio-data/resumes/CVs & four copies of photograph. Do not forget to bring institute I-card at the time of written tests and interviews.
3. Be ready with all certificates (in original & duplicates) for the curricular and extra-curricular activities as mentioned in the CVs.
4. Keep checking Placement mail from CCD/online software for the schedule for PPTs./Tests/Interviews and for other important information. The venue of PPTs/Written Tests/interviews will be notified to you as and when we get to know.
5. Requests for providing printouts & photocopies from CCD office will not be entertained as they cause disruption to regular activities.
6. We expect you to maintain a cordial relationship with the recruiters when they come to IIT Guwahati for the placement process. They are our guests and any altercation can leave a negative impact.
7. Do not contact the HR people of the companies personally. If you need any communication with any particular person or company, contact the student placement representative or the CCD office. A strict action would be taken against any student found contacting the HR without the knowledge of CCD team.
8. Please note that you need to wear formal dress when appearing for the placement processes.