|1. Centre for Excellence in Research and Development of Nanoelectronic Theranostic Devices - DeitY (2014 – 2019) – as Principal Investigator
2. Design and Development of Intelligent Catalytic Nanobots – DST NANO MISSION (2013-2016) – as Principal Investigator
3. A Computational Study on the Phase Separation Induced Pattern Formation Employing Ultrathin Films – CSIR (2013-2016) - as Principal Investigator
4. External Field Driven Flow Induced Micro/Nano Scale Patterning, Mixing, Heat and Mass transfer in Micro/Nano Fluidic Devices, SERB Project in Engineering Sciences, DST (2011-2014) - as Principal Investigator
5. A Combined Experimental and Theoretical Study on the Instability and Patterning of Thin Liquid Crystal Films, FAST TRACK Project, DST, (2010-2013) - as Principal Investigator
6. Influence of Porous Substrates on the Instabilities and Patterning of Thin Polymer Films, SEED Grant, Indian Institute of Technology Guwahati (2009-2012) - as Principal Investigator
In the proposed research work, we plan to study the dynamics and morphology of thin (< 100 nm) polymer films on some porous substrates. Thus far, the studies involving the instabilities in macroscopic films (~ mm) on porous-media uncover that instead of placing the film on a rigid substrate, coating the film on a porous-media can significantly alter the length and time scales of the instability. We extend this analysis to the thin film (<100-nm) domain and study the influence of porous medium on the length and time scales of instability. We intend to carry out a detailed linear stability analysis based on the stokes equation for the film and Darcy–Brinkman equation for the porous media to uncover the dependence of time and length scales of the instabilities on the permeability, slippage, tortuosity, surface roughness of the porous medium. In addition, we plan to carry out nonlinear simulations to demonstrate the pathway of the morphological evolution and the respective interfacial morphologies.
7. DST - FIST Grant (2011-2016) - One of the Proposers and Investigators Facilities – Interfacial Rheometer, Ellipsometer, GC, XRD.
8. 2009-National Mission Project on Pedagogic Development: Development of the Course Colloid and Interface Science (Rs. 5 Lakh) - as Co-Principal Investigator