- Katiyar, V., Gaur, S. S., Pal, A. K., Kumar, A. (2014). Properties of Plastics for Packaging Applications. In S. Alavi, S. Thomas, K. P. Sandeep, N. Kalarikkal, J. Varghese, S. Yaragalla (Eds.), Polymers for Packaging Applications (pp. 3-38). Oakville, ON: Apple Academic Press.
- Dhar, P., Bhardwaj, U., Kumar, A., Katiyar, V. (2014). Cellulose Nanocrystals: A Potential Nanofiller for Food Packaging Applications. In V. Komolprasert, P. Turowski (Eds.), Food Additives and Packaging (pp. 197-239). ACS Symposium Series 1162, Washington, DC: American Chemical Society.
- Bhardwaj, U., Dhar, P., Kumar, A., Katiyar, V. (2014). Polyhydroxyalkanoates (PHA)-Cellulose Based Nanobiocomposites for Food Packaging Applications. In V. Komolprasert, P. Turowski (Eds.), Food Additives and Packaging (pp. 275-314). ACS Symposium Series 1162, Washington, DC: American Chemical Society.
|Journal Articles (Peer Reviewed):
- Sharma, R., Kumar, A., Upadhyay, R. K. Catalytic Sol Assisted Dense Pd/gamma-Al2O3 Membrane using Modified Electroless Plating: Effect of Process on Surface Morphology, CPPM, 2016, DOI: 10.1515/cppm-2016-0023.
- Dhar, P., Bhasney, S. M., Kumar, A., Katiyar, V. Acid functionalized cellulose nanocrystals and its effect on mechanical, thermal, crystallization and surfaces properties of poly (lactic acid) bionanocomposites films: A comprehensive study. Polymer. 101, 75–92, 2016.
- Bandi, C. S., Uppaluri, R., Kumar, A. Global optimization of MSF seawater desalination processes. Desalination. 394, 30–43, 2016.
- Sridhar, A., Kumar, A., Dasmahapatra, A. K. Multi-scale molecular dynamics study of cholera pentamer binding to a GM1-phospholipid membrane. Journal of Molecular Graphics and Modelling. 68, 236–251, 2016.
- Dhar, P., Kumar, A., Katiyar, V. Magnetic Cellulose Nanocrystal Based Anisotropic Polylactic Acid Nanocomposite Films: Influence on Electrical, Magnetic, Thermal, and Mechanical Properties. ACS Applied Materials and Interfaces. 8, 18393–18409, 2016.
- Dhar, P., Tarafder, D., Kumar, A., Katiyar, V. Thermally recyclable polylactic acid/cellulose nanocrystal films through reactive extrusion process. Polymer. 87, 268–282, 2016.
- Mahato, S., Kumar, A., Banerjee, T. PC-SAFT predictions on mixtures of 1-alkyl-3methyl imidazolium-bis(trifluroromethanesulphonyl)amide with hydrocarbons, alcohols and aqueous systems using a correlative based binary interaction parameter. Journal of the Taiwan Institute of Chemical Engineers. 59, 69–78, 2016.
- Dhar, P., Kumar, A., Katiyar, V. Fabrication of cellulose nanocrystal supported stable Fe(0) nanoparticles: a sustainable catalyst for dye reduction, organic conversion and chemo-magnetic propulsion. Cellulose. 22, 3755–3771, 2015.
- Dhar, P., Tarafder, D., Kumar, A., Katiyar, V. Effect of cellulose nanocrystal polymorphs on mechanical, barrier and thermal properties of poly(lactic acid) based bionanocomposites. RSC Advances. 5, 60426–60440, 2015.
- Sridhar, A., Srikanth, B., Kumar, A., Dasmahapatra, A. K. Coarse-grain molecular dynamics study of fullerene transport across a cell membrane. Journal of Chemical Physics. 143, 024907, 2015.
- Dhar, P., Bhardwaj, U., Kumar, A., Katiyar, V. Poly (3-hydroxybutyrate)/cellulose nanocrystal films for food packaging applications: Barrier and migration studies. Polymer Engineering and Science. 55, 2388–2395, 2015.
- Dhar, P., Vangala, S.P.K., Tiwari, P., Kumar, A., Katiyar, V. Thermal Degradation Kinetics of Poly (3-hydroxybutyrate) /Cellulose Nanocrystals based Nanobiocomposite. Journal of Thermodynamics and Catalysis. 5, 1000134, 2014.
- Gaur, S. S., Dhar, P., Kumar, A. and Katiyar, V. Prospects of poly (vinyl alcohol)/Chitosan/poly(styrene sulfonic acid) and montmorillonite Cloisite®30B clay composite membrane for direct methanol fuel cells. Journal of Renewable and Sustainable Energy. 6, 053135, 2014.
- Kumar, A., Lobo, R. F., Wagner, N. J. Grand canonical Monte Carlo simulation of adsorption of nitrogen and oxygen in realistic nanoporous carbon models, AIChE Journal, 57, 1496–1505, 2011.
- Kumar, A., Lobo, R. F., Wagner, N. J. Porous amorphous carbon models from periodic Gaussian chains of amorphous polymers, Carbon, 43, 3099–3111, 2005.
♦ Title: Silk-Poly (lactic acid) Nanocomposite Formulation for Gas Barrier Applications.
Inventors: V Katiyar, A Kumar, R Patwa
Application No.: 201631007267
♦ Title: Poly (lactic acid) Nanocomposites formulation and method of making thereof.
Inventors: V Katiyar, A Kumar, P Dhar
Application No.: 201631022080
|Selected Conference Presentations:
- Dhar, P., Kumar, A., Katiyar, V. Recyclable polylactic acid/cellulose nanocomposite films processed by reactive extrusion approach, 252nd ACS National Meeting & Exposition, Philadelphia, USA, Aug, 2016. (ORAL)
- Kumar, K., Kumar, A. Molecular simulation of adsorption of small hydrocarbons on MCM-41, CHEMCON-2015, Guwahati, India, Dec 2015. (ORAL)
- Patwa, R., Kumar, A., Katiyar, V. Mechanical, barrier and thermal properties of silk nanoparticles reinforced poly (lactic acid) biocomposites, CHEMCON-2015, Guwahati, India, Dec 2015. (ORAL)
- Kumar, A., Kumar, A. Molecular simulation of polylactic acid/carbon nanotube nanocomposites: Gas diffusion and mechanical properties, CHEMCON-2015, Guwahati, India, Dec 2015. (ORAL)
- Bhasney, S. M., Kumar, A., Katiyar, V. Plasticization effect on of coconut oil on mechanical, barrier and morphological properties of poly (lactic acid) base blend, CHEMCON-2015, Guwahati, India, Dec 2015. (POSTER)
- Mishra, R. P., Kumar, A. Adsorption and separation of CO2, CO, CH4, N2 and their mixtures in zeolitic imidazolate frameworks: A molecular simulation study, CCP 2015, Guwahati, India, Dec 2015. (POSTER)
- Sharma, R., Kumar, A., Upadhyay, R. K. A Comparative Study of Integration Approaches in a Palladium Membrane Reformer for Ultra Pure H2 Production, 4th International Hydrogen and Fuel Cell Conference, Agra, India, Dec 2015. (ORAL)
- Dhar, P., Kumar, A., Katiyar, V. Catalytically Powered Magnetic Cellulose Nanocrystals with Self-Propulsion Behaviour, 4th International Conference on Advanced Nanomaterial and Nanotechnology (ICANN-2015), Guwahati, India, Dec 2015. (ORAL)
- Dhar, P., Kumar, A., Katiyar, V. Tuning the properties of biopolymers using polymorphic cellulose nanocrystals, ICBEE 2015, Milan, Italy, Sep 2015. (ORAL)
- Chandra Sekhar B., Uppaluri R., Kumar, A. Optimization of multi-stage flash desalination system using differential evolution algorithm, International Conference on New Frontiers in Chemical, Energy and Environmental Engineering (INCEEE-2015), Warangal, India, Mar 2015. (ORAL)
- Sharma, R., Kumar, A., Upadhyay, R. K. Process optimization of palladium membrane performance for hydrogen separation, CHEMCON-2014, Chandigarh, India, Dec 2014. (ORAL)
- Sharma, R., Kumar, A., Upadhyay, R. K. Hydrogen Recovery from a Palladium Membrane Reformer: Optimizing Reaction and Separation Effect, CAMURE-9 & ISMR-8, Lyon, France, December 2014.
- Dhar, P., Bhardwaj, U., Kumar, A., Katiyar, V. Rheological studies of poly-hydroxybutyrate and cellulose nanocrystal biofilms”, Polymer Processing Society Asia/ Australia Conference (PPS 2013), Mumbai, India, Dec 2013. (ORAL)
- Bhardwaj, U., Dhar, P., Kumar, A., Katiyar, V. PHB/cellulose whiskers based bionanocomposites: Fabrication and properties evaluation for food packaging applications, 245th ACS National Meeting & Exposition, New Orleans, LA, USA, April 2013. (ORAL)
- Gaur, S. S., Kumar, A., Katiyar, V. Polyvinyl alcohol/chitosan/polystyrene sulfonic acid/clay polymer composite membranes for direct methanol fuel cells application, International Meet by Society of Plastic Engineers, ANTEC Conference, Mumbai, India, Dec 2012. (ORAL)
- Kumar, A. Adsorptive separation of CO2 and N2 on nanoporous carbon: A molecular simulation study, CHEMCON-2011, Bangalore, India, Dec 2011. (ORAL)
- Kumar, A., Lobo, R. F., Wagner, N. J. Molecular models for nanoporous amorphous carbons via a novel Monte Carlo algorithm, Oral Presentation, APS March Meeting, Baltimore, MD, USA, Mar 2006. (ORAL)
- Kumar, A., Lobo, R. F., Wagner, N. J. Structural modeling of nanoporous carbon supports, Oral presentation, 19th North American Catalysis Society Meeting (NAM), Philadelphia, PA, USA, May 2005. (ORAL)
- Kumar, A., Lobo, R. F., Wagner, N. J. Configurational diffusion of small molecules through nano confined polymers, Oral presentation, AIChE Annual Meeting, Cincinnati, OH, USA, Nov 2005. (ORAL)
- Molecular Simulation Studies on Biodegradable Polymer Nanocomposites, IITG-KIT Joint Symposium on Soft and Biobased Materials, Kyoto, Japan, Aug 2016.
- Biodegradable Polymer/Cellulose Nanocrystal Nanocomposites: A Molecular Simulation Study, Gifu University-IIT Guwahati Joint Symposium, Gifu, Japan, Aug 2016.
- Adsorptive Gas Separation in Microporous and Mesorporous Materials: Molecular Simulation Studies, SESTEC 2016, Guwahati, May 2016.
- Grand Canonical Monte Carlo Simulation: Applications to Nanoporous/Mesoporous Materials, TEQIP-National Workshop on Atomistic Simulation Techniques for Materials Science, Nanotechnology and Biosciences, Guwahati, Dec 2015.
- Introduction to Molecular Modeling and Simulation of Polymers, TEQIP Short Term Course on Transport Processes and Optimization Techniques in Polymers, Guwahati, Dec 2014.
- Properties of Polymers for Packaging Applications in National School on Sustainable Polymers, ASP-14, Guwahati, Jan 2014.
- Computation of Thermodynamic Properties, Vapour Liquid Equilibrium and Chemical Reaction Equilibrium, QIP Short Term Course on Scientific Computing in Chemical Engineering, Guwahati, Dec 2010.
- Configurational Diffusion of Small Molecules Through Nano-Confined Polymer: A Molecular Dynamics Simulation Study, IIChE GRC Invited Lecture, Guwahati, May 2010.