|1. Centre for Excellence in Research and Development of Nanoelectronic Theranostic Devices - DeitY (2014 – 2019) – as Principal Investigator
2. Design and Development of Intelligent Catalytic Nanobots – DST NANO MISSION (2013-2016) – as Principal Investigator
We plan to design, develop, and study the behavior of programmed gen-next artificial micro/nanobot, which can be employed as futuristic drug transporter, defect healer, swarm robot, and distributed sensor. Previously, the sub-micron scale first generation ‘Janus’ micro/nanobots achieved auto-propulsion chemically by the catalytic decomposition of peroxide fuel. These motors achieved some success in picking up and delivering cargos under simple artificial environments. Further, they showed self-propulsion under varied chemical, magnetic and photo gradients. However, the functionalities of the first generation are still in the infancy as compared to their biological counterparts. The major challenge is to achieve the motion in realistic environments, infuse multi-dimensional targeted functionality, and then to gain control over them. Further, the physics associated with these active systems is complex and not well understood because it is in the transition domain of macro/microscopic hydrodynamics and Brownian dynamics originating from the non-equilibrium nature of these systems.
3. A Computational Study on the Phase Separation Induced Pattern Formation Employing Ultrathin Films – CSIR (2013-2016) - as Principal Investigator
4. External Field Driven Flow Induced Micro/Nano Scale Patterning, Mixing, Heat and Mass transfer in Micro/Nano Fluidic Devices, SERB Project in Engineering Sciences, DST (2011-2014) - as Principal Investigator
5. A Combined Experimental and Theoretical Study on the Instability and Patterning of Thin Liquid Crystal Films, FAST TRACK Project, DST, (2010-2013) - as Principal Investigator
6. Influence of Porous Substrates on the Instabilities and Patterning of Thin Polymer Films, SEED Grant, Indian Institute of Technology Guwahati (2009-2012) - as Principal Investigator
7. DST - FIST Grant (2011-2016) - One of the Proposers and Investigators Facilities – Interfacial Rheometer, Ellipsometer, GC, XRD.
8. 2009-National Mission Project on Pedagogic Development: Development of the Course Colloid and Interface Science (Rs. 5 Lakh) - as Co-Principal Investigator