|1. Centre for Excellence in Research and Development of Nanoelectronic Theranostic Devices - DeitY (2014 – 2019) – as Principal Investigator
2. Design and Development of Intelligent Catalytic Nanobots – DST NANO MISSION (2013-2016) – as Principal Investigator
3. A Computational Study on the Phase Separation Induced Pattern Formation Employing Ultrathin Films – CSIR (2013-2016) - as Principal Investigator
4. External Field Driven Flow Induced Micro/Nano Scale Patterning, Mixing, Heat and Mass transfer in Micro/Nano Fluidic Devices, SERB Project in Engineering Sciences, DST (2011-2014) - as Principal Investigator
The micro/nano-scale interfacial instabilities of thin-micro/nano films engendered by the externally applied Electric (electro-hydrodynamics: EHD) and Electro-Magnetic (electro-magneto-hydrodynamics: EMHD) fields will be investigated. Previous studies suggest that external field induced (EHD or EMHD) flows and related instabilities can be of importance for transporting, patterning, mixing and pumping liquids inside the micro/nano scale devices.
We plan to investigate the dynamics and morphology of thin films composed of a pair of liquid electrolytes/ polymer films/ liquid crystals/ polymer gels or composites of any two of these materials. The major aims of this study to explore the conditions at which the control of instability can lead to ordered micro/nano patterns, guide micro-channel flows for transport, enhance the heat and mass transfer, mixing, emulsification, etc.
5. A Combined Experimental and Theoretical Study on the Instability and Patterning of Thin Liquid Crystal Films, FAST TRACK Project, DST, (2010-2013) - as Principal Investigator
6. Influence of Porous Substrates on the Instabilities and Patterning of Thin Polymer Films, SEED Grant, Indian Institute of Technology Guwahati (2009-2012) - as Principal Investigator
7. DST - FIST Grant (2011-2016) - One of the Proposers and Investigators Facilities – Interfacial Rheometer, Ellipsometer, GC, XRD.
8. 2009-National Mission Project on Pedagogic Development: Development of the Course Colloid and Interface Science (Rs. 5 Lakh) - as Co-Principal Investigator