- Travel Grant to attend Indo-Japan Expert Committee Meeting and Symposium on Advances in Sustainable Polymers (ASP-16) at KIT, Japan under DST-JSPS S&T Programme of Cooperation, Jul 2016.
- National Award for Technology Innovation in Petrochemicals and Downstream Plastics Processing Industry in the category Innovation in Polymer Waste Management & Recycling Technology and Green Polymeric Materials & Products by Ministry of Chemicals and Fertilizers, Govt. of India (awarded to team consisting of Mr. Prodyut Dhar, Dr. Amit Kumar and Dr. Vimal Katiyar in Jan 2016).
- Best Paper Award for oral presentation on ‘Tuning the Properties of Biopolymers using Polymorphic Cellulose Nanocrystals’ at ICBEE, Milan, Italy, Sep 2015.
- Full Scholarship for pursuing graduate studies (PhD) at the University of Delaware, USA, 2002.
- National Talent Search Scholarship awarded by NCERT from 1996 to 2002.