- Non-linear programming (NLP) based optimization of MSF-BR, MSF-M and MSF-OT sea-water desalination process configurations using DE algorithm.
- Comparative assessment of differential evolution (DE), simulated annealing (SA), genetic algorithm (GA), sequential quadratic programming (SQP), multi-start SQP (MS-SQP), DE-SQP and GA-SQP methods for the optimization of MSF processes.
- NLP optimization of RO process configurations with retentate and permeate reprocessing options using DE algorithm and comparative assessment of DE, SA, GA, SQP, MS-SQP, DE-SQP and GA-SQP optimization methods for the optimization of RO process with retentate and permeate recycle.
- NLP optimization of hybrid MSF-RO process configurations (MSF-BR and RO processes that gave lowest freshwater production cost) using DE algorithm and comparative assessment of DE, SA, GA, SQP, MS-SQP, DE-SQP and GA-SQP optimization methods for hybrid MSF-RO process optimization.
- Identification of the most competent MSF and RO processes to generate potential hybrid MSF-RO process configurations. Optimization of alternate hybrid MSF-RO processes using various optimization methods.
- Ranking of alternate MSF, RO and hybrid MSF-RO processes based on optimal water production cost.
- Sensitivity studies of alternate MSF, RO and hybrid MSF-RO process configurations.
Prof. Ramagopal Uppaluri
Key Research Areas :Major: Electroless Plating, Evolutionary Engineering Optimization, Low Cost Ceramic
Minor: Bio-systems Engineering, Polymer-natural fiber composites, Process Design &
Techno-economics, Refinery Engineering, Reservoir Engineering
Extracurricular: Synthesis of Science and Spirituality
Contact: E-mail : email@example.com
Phone : + 91 361 2582260
Fax : + 91 361 2582291
Location : Room No: 106