Title: Retrieval of Parameters in Heat Transfer Problems Involving Thermal Radiation
Main supervisor: Prof. Subhash C. Mishra
Abstract: The area of inverse problems require an efficient CFD platform as well as competent optimization tool. Observing the advantages of the LBM and the GA it is therefore decided to implement them in the field of transient conduction-radiation heat transfer problems. In the present work, the usage of the LBM is applied to the inverse heat transfer problems involving thermal radiation. The energy equations are solved using the LBM and the FVM is used to compute the radiative information. For reconstruction of thermal fields and estimation of unknown parameters, in the inverse analysis, the GA is used as an optimization tool. Various classes of inverse problems solved include 1D Cartesian, 2D Cartesian, 1D Cylindrical, 1D non-fourier, 1D variable thermal conductivity and 1D mixed boundary conduction-radiation heat transfer problems.
1. Ajith M., Das R., Uppaluri R., Mishra S. C. Boundary heat fluxes in a square enclosure with an embedded design element, Journal of Thermophysics and Heat Transfer, (Accepted).
2. Das R., Pavan Kumar T. B., Mishra S. C. and Uppaluri R. (2010). An inverse analysis for parameter estimation applied to a non-fourier conduction-radiation problem. Heat Transfer Engineering, (In Press).
3. Moparthi A., Das R., Uppaluri R. and Mishra S. C. (2009). Optimization of heat fluxes on the heater and the design surfaces of a radiating-conducting medium, Numerical Heat Transfer Part A, 56 (10), 846 - 860.
4. Das R., Mishra S.C. and Uppaluri R. (2009). Inverse analysis applied to parameters and reconstruction of temperature field in a transient conduction-radiation heat transfer problem involving mixed boundary condition, International Communications in Heat and Mass Transfer, 37 (1), 52 - 57.
5. Das R., Mishra S. C. and Uppaluri R., (2009). Retrieval of thermal properties in a transient conduction radiation problem with variable thermal conductivity, International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer, 52, 2749 - 2758.
6. Mishra S. C., Kim M.Y., Das R., M. Ajith and R. Uppaluri, (2009). Lattice Boltzmann method applied to the analysis of transient conduction-radiation problem in a cylindrical medium, Numerical Heat Transfer Part A, 56, 1-18.
7. R. Das., S.C. Mishra and Uppaluri R. (2008). Simultaneous reconstruction of thermal field and retrieval of parameters in a cylindrical enclosure, Numerical Heat Transfer Part A, 54, 983 - 998.
8. R. Das, S.C. Mishra, M. Ajith and R. Uppaluri (2008). An Inverse Analysis of a Transient Two Dimensional Conduction-Radiation Problem Using the Lattice Boltzmann Method and the Finite Volume Method Coupled with the Genetic Algorithm, Journal of Quantitative Spectroscopy and Radiative Transfer, 109 (11), 2060 - 2077.
9. R. Das, S.C. Mishra and R. Uppaluri (2008). Multi-parameter estimation of in a transient conduction-radiation problem using the lattice Boltzmann method and the finite volume method coupled with the genetic algorithms, Numerical Heat Transfer, Part A, 53 (12), 1321-1338.