Institute assistantships are available to eligible PG students. Students receiving assistantships from the Institute or fellowships from any other funding agencies, are required to perform academic duties as per prevailing norms. The continuation of the assistantship/fellowship is subject to satisfactory performance of the assigned duties and satisfactory progress of the student in the PG Programme.
- Assistantships from external funding organizations are also available, as per terms and conditions of the concerned funding organizations, such as
- TCS Fellowships: Students admitted to Ph.D. and Dual-degree programmes are eligible to apply for TCS fellowships (currently 25000/- per month). TCS sponsors, the selected full-time Ph.D. student (TCS Research Scholar), for a maximum of four years or submission of thesis for Ph.D., whichever is earlier.
List of TCS Research Scholars in the Department
- Shashi Shekhar Jha (2013 – )
- Mayank Agarwal (2012 – )
- Suchetana Chakraborty (2011 – )
- Sandip Chakraborty (2011 – )
- Shirshendu Das (2010 – )
- Hari Prabhat Gupta (2010 – )
- Tanima Dutta (2010 – 2013)
- Prime Minister’s Fellowship Scheme For Doctoral Research: This scheme is a PPP (public-private-partnership) initiative of Science & Engineering Research Board (SERB) and Confederation of Indian Industry (CII). The scheme supports aspiring full-time Ph.D. scholars with scholarship, 50% of which will be provided by government and balance 50% by a sponsoring industry, for doing research for four years and the research fellow will receive Ph.D. by doing this industrial research. For more information please visit the link here.
Note: The department faculty members are always accessible by research scholars, in case help is needed while applying for these assistantships.
Title of the MoU
|TCS Research Scholar||TCS|
|Information Security Education & Awareness (ISEA) Project||MCIT|
|Microsoft Academic Alliance||Microsoft India|
|Microsoft Research India Rx Lab Programme 2010 (CSE Summer Interns)||Microsoft Research Lab India.|
|Next Generation Wireless Networks||NICT|
|Creation of a Speech Corpus for the Manipuri Language||CDAC|
|Seamless Handover Issues in Next Generation Wireless Network||NICT, Japan|
|Creation of a Speech Corpus for the Assamese Language||CDAC|
|MoU for Doctoral Fellowship||PHILIPS|
Institute level MoUs can be found here.