Pre-requisites : NIL
Boolean Algebra and switching functions Minimization and realization using logicgates, ROMs, PLAs, multiplexers Circuits for code conversion Flip-flops, registers, counters Finite state model: State tables and diagrams State minimization Excitationfunctions of memory elements Synthesis of synchronous sequential circuits Representation and synthesis using ASM charts Incompletely specified machines Specification and synthesis of asynchronous sequential machines Current trends in digital design: ASIC, FPGA, etc. Number representation: fixed and floating pointAddition, subtraction, multiplication and division of numbers.
1. M. M. Mano and M. D. Ciletti, Digital Design, 4th Ed., Pearson Education, 2007.
2. R. H. Katz and G. Boriello, Contemporary Logic Design, 2nd Ed., Prentice Hall of India, 2009.
1. A. P. Malvino, D. P. Leach and G. Saha, Digital Principles and Applications, 7th Ed., McGraw Hill, 2010.
2. Z. Kohavi and N. Jha, Switching and Finite Automata Theory, 3rd Ed., Cambridge University Press, 2010.
3. S. C. Lee, Digital Circuits and Logic Design, Prentice Hall of India, 2006.
4. J. F. Wakerly, Digital Design Principles and Practices, 4th Ed., Prentice Hall of India, 2008.