Awards and Achievements
Prof. Pradeep Yammiyavar of UE-HCI Lab gets national recognition for his Innovative curriculum design and teaching practices.
Teaching methods evolved at the UE-HCI lab in Curriculum Design, Design Thinking and Design Innovation since 2002-03 has been recognized and selected for “ Teaching Innovator award – 2016” by the MHRD, Government of India - under Pandit Madan Mohan Malviya National Mission on Teachers and Teaching.
This honor is in recognition of the over three decades of academic contribution of Prof. Pradeep Yammiyavar in establishing Creative Design as a multidisciplinary cum interdisciplinary knowledge domain in higher technical institutions through an innovative curriculum framework labeled as – D.S.T.E.A.M. The philosophy and framework of Design curriculum and teaching methodology that evolved from the areas of Interaction Design, HCI and Usability Engineering, has played the most significant part in the success of the academic programs of the Department of Design. This successful pioneering experiment in higher education in Design discipline initiated by Prof. Pradeep Yammiyavar from 2003 to 2016, has produced hundreds of pioneering Design Leaders for the IT Design Industry and has now been recognized at the National level by this award. It is already well recognized at the International level.
Enlisted in 2016 as one of the worlds best Design Schools offering UX-UI Programs as a result of output from UE-HCI lab. [Ref. www.easyux.net]
International/ National Awards/ Honours / Citations / Recognitions
- SAMSUNG Innovation Finalist Award. 2015
- Awarded the 'Silver 'A' Design Award for " Bio-Inspired Fabric Design.OMC Design Studios SRL Italy, 2011.
Awards Conferred on Supervised Projects / Papers
Conferred several National & International Awards for supervised Design projects & products on which teams of students– executed under supervision, co-authoring and participation. These have added to the Innovation Index of IITG as a Creative Design Thinking & Innovating hub & have motivated students to take up careers in corporate R&D sector especially in the IT Sector.
- ACM SIGGRAPH Travel Scholarship awarded to Akriti Kaur to attend VRST 2017, Gothenburg, Sweden.
- Travel Scholarship awarded to Anmol Srivastava (2017) to attend 50 years of the ACM Turing Award Celebration, San Francisco as a SIGCHI Student Ambassador.
- Best Poster Award, Research Conclave 2017, IITG: Ravi Lingannavar, Pradeep Yammiyavar.
- Most Distinguished Paper, ICoRD 2017, IITG, Guwahati: Ravi L., Sai Prasad Ojha and Pradeep Yammiyavar. Title: "A Matrix Framework Proposal for Evaluating Innovation Criteria of a Design Process Output During Product Conceptualization". In International Conference on Research into Design, IIT Guwahati, Assam.
- Best Demo Award, ICMI 2016, Tokyo, Japan: Anmol Srivastava, Pradeep Yammiyavar. Title: "Design of multimodal instructional tutoring agents using augmented reality and smart learning objects." in 18th ACM International Conference on Multimodal Interaction. ACM, 2016.
- Best Poster Award, Research Conclave 2016, IITG: Sai Prasad Ojha, Ravi Lingannavar.
- SAMSUNG Innovation Finalist, Award 2015. Pradeep.Y, Anmol Srivstava, Gunjan, Mannu Amrit, Himanshu Bansal.
- Honeywell Aero Challenge Design Competition 2014: Arushi Singh & Kunal Drego.
- Silver A' Design Award, Italy 2011: Rajatesh. B & Pradeep Y;
- Top 10 Automobile Design: Mr. Swaroop Roy's (M.Des) entry worked upon in this lab has been shortlisted among top 10 entries received for the Nissan Car Design.
- Samsung Design Challenge: Trained B.Des students (2011-2012) who won 7 awards in Mobile application Design Competition organised by Samsung including one institutional award for IITG.
- OzCHI Design Challenge 2011, Australia. Omna Toshniwal, Rhythm Agarwal, Astha Dhawan, Niyati Gupta, Arnita Saini (2012). Designing Serendipitous Experience while surfing Web. Runners-up; OzCHI Student Design Challenge 2011, Australia.
- Design Challenge. Mention: Diya, (2007) Divya & Ityam (2008); Kirti (2006): Special mention in Forum Nokia USID 2009, Design Challenge.
- Best paper award: Vikram Batra 2007: Title: "Extending Large-Scale Event Participation with User- Created Mobile Media on Public Display" in the International Conference. Information Technology-HIIT in the Ubiquitous Interaction Group.
- Motorola award for Innovations: Shivram Krishna Jani.
- KYOCERA Design Award. for a Mobile phone based unique Emergency Detecting and Responding System - specially designed for Women.: Kirti, Sharmista, Divya.
- Microsoft Best paper award. (Satyendra Nainwal); Title: An interface to aid rural health workers in the preliminary diagnosis of cataract at the slit lamp using LOCS. Conference on Human Factors in Computing Systems - CHI '07 extended abstracts on Human factors in computing systems; San Jose, CA, USA SESSION: ACM student research competition Pages: 2225 - 2230; Year of Publication:2007, ISBN:978-1-59593-642-4. (Based on Thesis project executed at IITG).
ACM SIGGRAPH Travel Scholarship awarded to Akriti Kaur (B.Des Final Year) to attend
Symposium on Virtual Reality Software and Technology 2017, Sweden
Glimpses of the 50th Turing Award Ceremony 2017, San Francisco. Anmol Srivastava, PhD Research
Scholar at our lab was awarded travel scholarship to attend this prestigious ceremony as a SIGCHI
Student Ambassador. Turing Awards are also known as the Nobel Prize of Computing Community.
Most Distinguished Paper Award, ICoRD 2017, IIT Guwahati.
Best Demonstration Award, ICMI 2016, Tokyo, Japan.
Himujjal Jibon Sarma, a Masters in Design from IIT, Guwahati has won the prestigious Business Plan competition of Young Indian’s Guwahati Chapter – Road to Ideas with his proposition on innovations in furniture design and manufacturing. Road to Ideas is a Business Plan competition organized by the city chapter of CII Young Indians as a part of the Global Entrepreneurship Week being celebrated all across the world between 17 to 23 November 2014. Business Planning is taught as integral part of Design Management course.
Erasmus Mundus Heritage Scholarship awarded to Satish Shivarudhriah. The figures show certificate and a snapshot
of Erasmus Mundus magazine highlighting Heritage fellows for the year 2013 - 2014.
KYOCERA Design award. for a Mobile phone based unique Emergency detecting and responding
system specially designed for Women.: Kirti, Sharmista, Divya.
Back to Top