Conferences Organized by UE- HCI Lab
- INDO - DANISH HCI Research Symposium under the collaborative Cultural Usability Project. (Publication Serial Number: IITG/ DoD /1 - 5/2006) Sponsored by Danish Councils for Independent Research (DCIR) and Indian Institute of Technology Guwahati, India. May 14 -15, 2006. Organizing Chair & Co-ordinator.: Prof. Pradeep Yammiyavar.
(Download Proceedings, PDF 4MB)
- International Conference - HWDI - Human Work Interaction Design-TC 13.6. Group of IFIP - International Federation of Information Processing - "Usability in Social, Cultural & Organizational Contexts” Pune India. Co-organized by IITG along with CDAC, Aarhus University - Denmark, Copenhagen Business school - Denmark .October, 7 - 8, 2009. Organizing Co – Chair: Prof. Pradeep Yammiyavar
- International Conference - India HCI India 2010/ Interaction Design for International Development 2010. IITB, Mumbai - Under the International Federation of information Processing. Organizers: International Federation of Information Processing Corporate Sector and IITB. March 20-24 2010. Co- Organizer and Session Chair: Prof. Pradeep Yammiyavar
- Symposium on Human Computer Interaction Design in Virtual Environments. 2012. Workshop conducted by visiting faculty from IITG & University of West London. 16th to 18th March 2012 at DoD-IITG. Held under VR Project IITG-MHRD. Organizing Chair & Coordinator: Prof. Pradeep Yammiyavar
- World Usability Day – Nov 2007. Organized with Industry – under ORACLE Usability Team, Bangalore.
- National Round Table Meet on Hybrid Renewable Energy Sources for public transportation systems; IITG Campus, October 11 - 13, 2010. Sponsored by Ministry of Renewable Energy, Government of India. Organizing Chair & Coordinator: Prof. Pradeep Yammiyavar.
(Download Proceedings, PDF 4MB)
- Workshop on Useability Engineering Useability Evaluation methods. 2005. Faculty: Prof. Pradeep Yammiayavar – IITG & Dr Torkil Clemmensen - Copenhagen, Business school- Dept of Information Technology. Participants : IITG Design program students and Computer science students.
- Awareness & Training program – Usability Engineering – New opportunities for designers. 2006. Faculty: Prof Pradeep Yammiayavr IITG & Ms Jhumkee Iyengar – Consultant Useability Engineering at Persistent Systems, Pune.
- Workshop: Visual Coding Technique for Content Analysis Using Software.Dr. Torkil Clemmensen, Prof. Pradeep Yammiyavar, Jyoti Kumar. Date: 12th – 14th Feb, 2008
- Symposium – Cultural usability Project. Culture and Usability Issues in Design Research. Convenor: Prof. Pradeep Yammiyavar, Chair: Dr. Torkil Clemmensen. Date: 15th Feb 2008.
- Workshop on Museum Design :Museum as an institution for preservation & propagation of contemporary crafts of the North East ; North East Handloom and Handicrafts Development Corporation. Ministry of Handlooms & Textiles Govt. of India; Guwahati; 15 -2-2011
- World Standards Day- Invited Lecture; “Issues of safety and applicability of relevant standards while designing Automobiles” ; World Standards Day, BIS -Technical session. Bureau of Indian Standards – Guwahati, 14th October 2005, Guwahati
- Department of Forests, Govt of Assam; Invited to conduct Artisan Training program. 2011. UE-HCI Lab conducted an Artisan Development program. Artisans were exposed to incorporating readily available low cost electronic components such as LEDs, Diaphragm speakers etc into crafts products to make them interesting, contemporary and intractable. This training program was to encourage Small Scale Industry Innovation efforts.
Glimpses of Events
Workshop on Usability Engineering - Usability Evaluation Methods, 2005
INDO-DANISH Research Symposium, 2006
UE- HCI lab's Design Management and Innovation Unit Actively Collaborated with IEEE IITG Local Students Chapter who organized a Creative Workshop for Engineers, 2013
UE-HCI Lab – Design Management unit contributed towards encouraging interdisciplinary project activities amongst students’ clubs and different departments coming together to work on DIY technical projects that have immediate Social relevance. This collaboration is UE-HCI labs contribution towards formulation of the proposed 4i Lab at IITG which it has been actively pursuing since 2007. A two-day marathon session was organized under the coordination of Dr. Prasad Bokil in which UE-HCI lab was invited to present Designing Methodology and Innovation through Design Thinking to students of IITG.
First Expression of Interest proposal report to IITG Administration was submitted by UE-HCI lab in 2007 for setting up of the Design Innovation Centre at IITG. The Lab had adopted Innovation by design as its strategy in the year 2003. It incorporated elements of Innovation into the B.Des curriculum through Design Methods and Design Management courses right from 2003-04 onwards. It proposed the Hub-Spoke theme (Fig below) for the Centre for Innovation set up in 2014-15 at DoD- IITG.
National Round Table Meet on Hybrid Renewable Energy Sources for public transportation systems; IITG Campus; Oct 11 to 13, 2010. Sponsored by Ministry of Renewable Energy, Government of India. Organizing Chair & Coordinator: Prof. Pradeep Yammiyavar.
The Objective of the meet was to review state of the art practices & potential in the field of Public Transportation using Hybrid Renewable Energy Systems.
Experts, students and Industry met to present and discuss out of the box conceptual transportation solutions for Sustainability of the Built Environment. The event was organised in the Conference rooms of EEE department and DoD- UE-HCI lab. This Interdisciplinary event was collaboration between EEE, DESIGN and Civil Eng Departments of IITG. Two Industries namely BHEL and VOVLO participated from Industry. There was a discussion session by invitation and a Technical paper session. Twenty Technical presentations were done.
Symposium on Human Computer Interaction Design in Virtual Environments. 2012.
Work shop conducted by visiting faculty from IITG & University of West London. 16th to 18th March 2012. Organizing Chair: Prof. Pradeep Yammiyavar
Participation in World Usability day Bangalore 2006 hoisted by ORACLE
Back to Top