List of National and International institutions interacting with the UE Lab through projects /student internships in Interaction Design
1. IIM Bangalore (ET, QM Information Systems)
2. Copenhagen Business School , Department of Informatics, Denmark
3. Napier University, Scotland
4 Indo European Usability Partnership UK, EEC
5. EPFL Lausane, Switzerland
6. ENST, Telecom Paris
7. GTI, ETSIT, UPM, Madrid
8. Fraunhofer IAO, Stuttgart
9. University of Saskatchewan, Canada
10. Koln International School of Design, Cologne, Germany
11. University of Twente, Netherlands
12. LUSSI Department, ENST Bretagne, France
13. University of Applied Sciences, Dornbirn, Austria.
14. Nanyang Technological University Singapore
15. University of Pompeu Fabra, Barcelona, Spain
16. ICTT Lab, France
17. University of Stuttgart, Germany
STUDENT INTERNSHIP EXCHANGE
Collaborative work understanding on short-term research investigations through student exchange and Internship programs have been entered into mainly European Institutions by faculty in-charge of the UE-HCI Lab mainly between 2005 and 2010. Student interns from the USA, and Europe has visited UE-HCI Lab.
Some Projects on which they worked on during Internship abroad were carried forward as Thesis projects in the UE-HCI Lab after their return. In the past 14 years over 100 students intending to specialize in the UE-HCI stream from IITG have interned in more than 30 different Institutions / Research labs / Industry mainly in Europe and the USA some of which are listed below:
1. Chinese Academy of Sciences.
2. Copenhagen Business School, Denmark.
3. EPFL- Lausanne, Switzerland.
4. Ecole National Sup Ecole National Superioir Technopol, Brittgne [France].
5 Indiana University – USA (Student from Indiana University has interned at IITG - 2007).
6. Linkage with Ecole National Superioir Technopol, Brittgne [France] - Dept LUSS - Logic for User
Social Sciences and Informatique, on the project: Developing a Web based information system
for www.apodo.com. B.Des student sent on internship with Prof. Serge Garlatti. May - July 2005.
7. Collaboration and internship [A.Singal] with NOLDUS ; Wageningen, Netherlands [ A UE Software
firm] with Dr. Andrew Spink on project: Development of Guidelines for Usability testing.
8. Linkage for student internship [V.Panwar] with University of Twente - Human Media Interaction
group. Informatiqe department, Enschede, Netherlands with Prof. Anto Nijholt. May - July2005.
9. Internship [S Nainwal] & colabration with EPFL - Lausanne’s Computer & Communications group
on Project Spatial annotation of maps - Shoutspace [part of STAMPS frame work] - context of
physical space in mobile communications with Prof. Pierre Dillenbourg. May-July 2005.
10.T- Systems International GMBH - R&D division of Datatech Telecom, Berlin; 3D Product
Presentation in personalised user environments - a project on augmented reality. Internship
[Shivaramkrishna] with Dr.Martin Kurze. May -July 2005.
11.Ecole Central de Lyon - ICTT Lab, France on IRVO project -interaction with real & virtual objects
[Interned by Tanuj Shah] with Prof. Bertrand David, May -July 2005.