Awards and Honours[2012-2014]
- ‘Hardware Implementation and Testing of LMAPP Decoder for High Throughput Applications’ by Prof. R. P. Paily and R. Shreshta adjudged as Best entry in Design Contest Winner of 27th International Conference on VLSI Design and the 13th International Conference on Embedded Systems, IIT Bombay, 5-9 January 2014.
- Dr. M.K. Bhuyan has received Fulbright-Nehru Academic and Professional Excellence Fellowship (Fulbright-Nehru Senior Research Fellowship 2013-14)
- Dr. M.K. Bhuyan has been elevated to the grade of IEEE Senior Member.
- National Award for Best Applied Research and Innovation
Dr. M. K. Bhuyan, Assistant Professor, Department of EEE, IIT Guwahati, India has been awarded the National Award for "Best Applied Research/Technological Innovation" by Government of India. The award has been conferred by Honorable President of India at Vigyan Bhawan, New Delhi on 6th February, 2013.
He is currently engaged in extensive research in the area of Human Computer Interactions aiming at Indian Sign Language Recognition and Education. The award is in recognition of his contribution in this specific research domain.Awards and Honours[2008-2012]
- Prof. S. Dandapat, Dr.L. N. Sharma and Prof. A. Mahanta Won the Best Paper Award for the paper ‘Clinical Entropy based PCA for Multi-lead Electrocardiogram Signals’ at International Conference on Advances in Information Technology (AIT-2012) in Bangkok, Thailand on 23-24 June 2012.
- S. Bhavana, H. Musthyala and R. Bhattacharjee got the recognition of High Quality Paper (by Nanyang Technological University) for the paper entitled ‘An Energy Efficient Hybrid MAC Protocol for WSN containing Mobile Nudes’ at 8th International Conference on Information, Communications and Signal Processing (ICICS 2011), 13-16 December 2011, Singapore.
- L.N. Sharma, S. Dandapat and A. Mahanta won the Best Paper Award for the paper “Guaranteeing Target Quality Denoising of Multichannel ECG Signals using MSPCA” at 2011 International Conference on Computer and Computational Intelligence (ICCCI 2011), Bangkok, Thailand, 2-4 December 2011.
- The paper entitled ‘Sparse representation over learned and discriminatively learned dictionaries for speaker verification’ by Haris B.C. and R. Sinha, in the proceedings of ICASSP 2012, Kyoto, Japan, March 2012 has been selected for the ‘IEEE Ganesh N. Ramaswamy Memorial Student Grant’ sponsored by IBM. Ganesh N. Ramaswamy Grant honors the student author(s) of an outstanding paper on speaker and language recognition area accepted for publication in the proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Acoustics, Speech and Signal Processing (ICASSP).
- The Thesis entitled “Design of a 0.5 V Low Power Analog Front-End for Heart-rate Detector” by Naveen Suda, supervised by Dr. R.P. Palathinkal, EEE Department won Second position in the Best MTech Thesis Award 2011 in the area of VLSI and Microelectronics among the 28 Participating Institutes (PI) across India. The award includes cash prize for Institute, Supervisor and Student and is funded by Department of Information Technology (DIT) India through an R&D project "Special Manpower Development Program - Phase II (SMDP-II)”.
- Dr. S.R. Mahadeva Prasanna has been given IMB Shared University Research Award of US $25000 from IBM Corporation, USA and US $5000 from IBM IRL, India in recognition of achievements in speech processing area.
- Dr. Amit Sethi has been given Microsoft Young Faculty Award by IIT Guwahati on behalf of Microsoft Corporation for his contribution to research in areas related to CS.
- Dr. A.Mitra Co-Chaired (Technical Session 2),CISP 2011,Don Bosco University,Guwahati,2011 and Chaired,MECON 2011,AMITY University,Noida,2011.
- Second Prize for the Best MTech Thesis Award in the area of VLSI and Microelectronics among the 28 Participating Institutes (PI) across India for the Thesis entitled “Design of Multi-band CMOS Low Noise Amplifier” B.C. Deepak, supervised by Prof. Roy Paily Palathinkal,, EEE Department. The award includes Rs. 1 Lakh prize money for Institute, Rs.10,000/- prize money for Supervisor and Rs.5,000/- prize money for Student and is funded by Department of Information Technology (DIT) India through an R&D project "Special Manpower Development Program - Phase II (SMDP-II).
- Dr. Rohit Sinha won The Best Paper in Signal Processing Track award in the 17th National Conference on Communications (NCC-2011) for research paper titled "Multi-Variability Speech Database for Robust Speaker Recognition".
- Dr. B.K. Rai has been awarded with Microsoft Young Faculty Award by IIT Guwahati on behalf of Microsoft Corporation in 2011.
- Dr. A. Mitra elevated as Senior Member,IEEE,USA,2010, elevated as Fellow,IETE,India,2010, and won N V Gadadhar Memorial Gold Medal,IETE,2010.
- Prof. Somanath Majhi Chaired a technical session on “Complex Systems”, 11th International Conference on Control, Automation, Robotics and Vision, Singapore, December 7-10, 2010.
- Dr. Sonali Chouhan won Microsoft Outstanding Young Faculty Award 2010
- Dr. R. Bhattacharjee acted as TPC Member: TPC member in International Conference on the Latest Advances in Networks (ICLAN 2008,Toulouse, France,December 10 2008), TPC member in ICLAN 2009 (Paris, France) and NCC 2010 (IIT Madras) as well as Session chair: NCC 2010.
- Prof. Somanath Majhi acted as Editorial Board Member of International Journal of Control, Automation and Systems (IJCAS) (June 07 - Dec 08).
- Dr. A.mitra won URSI Young Scientist Award (Chicago, USA) 2008.
- Dr. A.K Mishra won IETE Young Scientist award, 2008.