Ph. D. University of Toronto
Designation: Associate Professor
K. Karthik joined the institute in October 2007.
Office Address: Room No. 202, EEE Department, IIT Guwahati, Guwahati-781039, INDIA.
Phone: +91-361-2582516 (O)
- Utilizing information leakage in non-perfect secret sharing schemes for traitor tracing (merging shared access control with fingerprinting).
- Constructing traceable pseudonyms (Anonymous fingerprinting)
- Secure biometric authentication based on partially encrypted data.
- Encryption transparent image and video hashing.
- Privacy preserving computation.
- Parametric transforms for domain randomization.
- Watermark detection in the encrypted domain.
- Public key and asymmetric watermarking.
- Construction of frameproof and collusion secure semi-fragile fingerprints.
- Fine-grained access control of Multimedia.
- Soft encryption schemes for joint fingerprinting and decryption.
- e-Voting: Secure and anonymized voting from people’s homes.
- e-Healthcare: Entails…
- Secure automated condition monitoring of patients,
- Protecting privacy of health records through selective data masking,
- Creating hierarchical and dynamic access control policies for patient records,
- Enabling formation of audit trails to preserve patient record access history,
- Permitting anonymized surveillance procedures using non-intrusive techniques such as human gait-recognition.
- Audit trails: Involving de-centralized peer to peer secure content distribution enforcing access control with fingerprinting. Each access is to be logged as an imperceptible watermark in the content deterring deliberate content leakage and acts of piracy.
- Automatic recognition of caricatures.
- Querying songs by whistling or humming.
- Searching through an encrypted database of images and videos.
- Detecting pirated movie copies and finding a way to prove their inheritance from the original movie.
- Designing watermarks robust to scalable coding of videos (H.264/SVC).
- Format compliant lightweight encryption schemes for securing scalable videos.
- Fine-grained image access control through JPSEC (security extension of JPEG 2000) or some other standard.
- EC333: Communication Networks (Jan-Apr 2008)
- EC320: Digital Signal Processing (Aug-Dec 2008/ Aug-Dec 2009)
- EC636: Detection and Estimation theory (Estimation part) (Jan-Apr 2009)
- EC230: Principles of Communication (Jan-Apr 2010)
- EC330: Digital Communication (Aug to Nov 2010/2011)
- EC331: Communications Lab (Aug to Nov 2010/2011)
- EC638: Multimedia Security (Jan to May 2011/2012)
- K. Karthik, D. Hatzinakos, “Multimedia Encoding for Access Control with Traitor Tracing: Balancing Secrecy, Privacy and Traceability”, published by VDM Verlag Dr. Muller, Germany,
Cover PagePreface and Table of Contents
- D. Kundur, K. Karthik, ”Video fingerprinting and encryption principles for Digital Rights Management,” Proceedings IEEE, vol. 92, no. 6. pp. 918-932, June 2004.
- K. Karthik, D. Hatzinakos, ”Decryption Key Design for Joint Fingerprinting and Decryption in the Sign Bit plane for Multicast Content Protection”, accepted Nov 17, 2005 in the International Journal of Network Security (IJNS), published May 2007, Vol. 4, no. 3, pp. 254—265. http://ijns.nchu.edu.tw/contents/ijns-v4-n3/ijns-2007-v4-n3-p254-265.pdf
- K. Karthik, D. Hatzinakos, “A Unified approach to construct Non-perfect Secret Sharing and Traitor Tracing schemes”, in Proceedings of International Conference on Security and Management (SAM’07), Las Vegas, Nevada, June 25-28, 2007.
- K. Karthik, D. Hatzinakos, ”A novel anti-collusion coding scheme tailored to track linear collusions”, in International Workshop on Data Hiding for Information and Multimedia Security (DHIMS’07), Manchester, UK, Aug 29-31, 2007.
- K.Karthik, D. Kundur, D. Hatzinakos, ”Joint fingerprinting and decryption for multimedia content tracing in wireless networks”, Proceedings of the SPIE, Florida, USA, April 12-16, Vol 5403, pp.360-370 (2004).
- P. Das, K. Karthik, B. C. Garai, "A robust alignment-free fingerprint hashing algorithm based on minimum distance graphs", Elsevier Journal on Pattern Recognition, Vol. 45, Issue 9, pp 3373-3388, 2012, DOI: 10.1016/j.patcog.2012.02.022. URL: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.patcog.2012.02.022
- A. Talwai, D. Sengupta, and K. Karthik, "A Transparent Encryption Scheme for Watermarked Biometric and Medical Images," International Journal of Computer and Electrical Engineering vol. 4, no. 3, pp. 278-282, 2012.
- K. Karthik, "Constructing Intrinsic Image Signatures by Random Downsampling and Differential Mean-Median Information", to appear in Special Issue on "Information and Communication Technology", Vol.22, No.1, 2013, International Journal of Tomography & Simulation (IJTS), 2013.
- K. Karthik, S. Kashyap," Transparent Hashing in the Encrypted Domain for Privacy Preserving Image Retrieval", Accepted in Springer Journal of Signal, Image and Video Processing, Special issue on Image and Video Processing for Security, 2013.