Office Address: Room No. #202, EEE Department, Academic Complex, IIT Guwahati, Assam - 781039.
Phone (office): +91-361-258-2516
Teaching assignments (past and present)
- Utilizing information leakage in non-perfect secret sharing schemes for traitor tracing (merging shared access control with fingerprinting).
- Constructing traceable pseudonyms (Anonymous fingerprinting)
- Secure biometric authentication based on partially encrypted data.
- Encryption transparent image and video hashing.
- Privacy preserving computation.
- Parametric transforms for domain randomization.
- Watermark detection in the encrypted domain.
- Public key and asymmetric watermarking.
- Construction of frameproof and collusion secure semi-fragile fingerprints.
- Fine-grained access control of Multimedia.
- Soft encryption schemes for joint fingerprinting and decryption.
Complex inter-disciplinary applications: Some of the above research issues involving privacy preserving computation, traitor tracing, access control and biometric authentication are desired in much larger systems which demand an integration with other interesting cryptographic solutions,
- e-Voting: Secure and anonymized voting from people’s homes.
- e-Healthcare: Entails…
- Secure automated condition monitoring of patients,
- Protecting privacy of health records through selective data masking,
- Creating hierarchical and dynamic access control policies for patient records,
- Enabling formation of audit trails to preserve patient record access history,
- Permitting anonymized surveillance procedures using non-intrusive techniques such as human gait-recognition.
- Audit trails: Involving de-centralized peer to peer secure content distribution enforcing access control with fingerprinting. Each access is to be logged as an imperceptible watermark in the content deterring deliberate content leakage and acts of piracy.
Challenging Signal/Image processing problems:
- Automatic recognition of caricatures.
- Querying songs by whistling or humming.
- Searching through an encrypted database of images and videos.
- Detecting pirated movie copies and finding a way to prove their inheritance from the original movie.
Implementation based problems:
Details regarding publications and description of ongoing research problems are in my homepage.
- Designing watermarks robust to scalable coding of videos (H.264/SVC).
- Format compliant lightweight encryption schemes for securing scalable videos.
- Fine-grained image access control through JPSEC (security extension of JPEG 2000) or some other standard.