Guidelines for abstract submission (NAOP, 2008)
· The abstracts must be submitted in English.
· Please indicate into which particular area (Cognitive, Developmental, Organizational, Health, Social, ANY OTHER -- please specify) you wish your abstract to be included
· Graphs and pictures should not be inserted into the abstract.
· Please indicate the form of presentation (ORAL /POSTER).
· Do not use abbreviations in the title.
· The text must be typed with single line spacing without indentations.
· For empirical paper, the abstract should include – objectives, design & methods, results and conclusions.
Ø Objective(s) – indicate the research hypothesis or questions.
Ø Design and methods – include brief details of subjects, procedures, measures, statistical analyses, or similarly for qualitative approaches.
Ø Results – should be presented as clearly as possible including statistical significance levels.
Ø Conclusion – briefly discuss the results and emphasize their significance and implications or applications.
· For theoretical paper, the abstract should describe-
Ø the topic, in one sentence;
Ø the purpose, thesis, or organizing construct and the scope (comprehensive or selective) of the paper;
Ø the sources used (e.g., personal observation, published literature); and
Ø the conclusions.
Your paper (if accepted) will only be included in the abstract book/CD/final programme if the registration fee is received before the last date [ 31-October-2008].
*For abstract received after 15-September-2008, intimation regarding acceptance/rejection will be sent by 20-October-2008.