- Saugat Das (Broad area: Financial Mathematics, Joined the department: December 2012).
- I. Venkat Appal Raju, Pricing and Hedging of Derivatives in Markov-Modulated Markets through Benchmark Approach, Thesis defended in October 2011.
- Cosmika Goswami, Performance Analysis of Working Vacation Queueing Models in Communication Systems, Thesis defended in October 2010.
M.Sc. (Mathematics and Computing)
- Pratap Bhanu Sharma, Univariate Stochastic Orders, January-May, 2013.
- Gurleen Kaur, Insurance Risk Models, 2008-2009.
- Anjaneyulu Karingu, Queueing Network Models for Software Architectures Performance Evaluation, 2007-2008.
- Aravind Kumar Marka, Computational Analysis of Quasi-Birth-Death (QBD) Processes, 2007-2008.
- Peyakunta Pranavi, Queueing Models for Mobile Networks, 2007-2008.
- Venugopal Gaddam, Models for Buyer-Vendor Channel Coordination Problems, 2006-2007.
- Pravin Kumar Mishra, Call Blending in Call Centers, 2005-2006.
- Abhijit Choudhary, Multi-Location Inventory Models: Modelling, Simulation and Management, 2004-2005.
B.Tech. (Mathematics and Computing)
- Anirudh Kejriwal, Option Pricing under Stochastic Volatility, 2012-2013.
- Kanu Sahai, Fitting and Parameter Estimation of Stochastic Volatility Models, 2012-2013.
- Sahil Sandeep Salunke and Nischaiy Chopra, Checking for Bubbles in the Indian Stock Market, 2012-2013.
- Navdeep Singh and Prateek Gupta, Analysis of the Pricing Mechanism of Collateralized Debt Obligations, 2011-2012.
- Nikita Garg, Power Saving Class Type III with Sleep-Delay for Self-Similar and Correlated Traffic, 2011-2012.
- Praneeth Kumar Ruthala, Effectiveness of Hedging Strategies, 2011-2012.
- Rangoju Abilash and Vishal Kumar G, Performance Analysis of Power Saving Class Type III in IEEE 802.16e, 2010-2011.
- Arihant Jain and Gunuganti Aditya, An Empirical Study of Long Memory in Indian Stock Markets, 2010-2011.
- Hemant Kesarwani and Rajan Goyal, A Comparison of Monte Carlo Methods for Option Pricing, 2010-2011.
- Yogendra Boyapati, Oil Price Shocks and the Indian Stock Market, 2010-2011.
- Gaurav Pagaria and Deepak Dagar, Constrained Portfolio Optimization using Genetic Algorithm NSGA II, 2010-2011 (Co-Guide: Dr. S.P. Chakrabarty).
- Himanshu Bhatia, Risk Optimization in Life Insurance, 2009-2010.
- Pankaj Parag, Performance Analysis of Power Saving Class I of Sleep Mode Operation in 802.16e, 2009-2010.
- Yagyesh Kesarwani, Credit Risk: Modeling and Pricing, 2009-2010.
Other B.Tech. (in IIT Guwahati)
- Kunal Galav, Use of Genetic Algorithms in Portfolio Optimization, B.Tech. (CSE), 2009-2010 (Co-Guide: Dr. Santosh Biswas, Dept. of CSE).
Others (from other institutes, summer projects, etc.)
- Hemajit Kalita, Volatility
Estimation in Black-Scholes Model, Dept. of Mechanical Engg., N.I.T. Suratkal, 2007 (Summer: May-July).