CS 514, Mathematics for Computer Science
Autumn 2011 - 2012
Purandar Bhaduri, ext: 2360 (email: pbhaduri)
K. Sreenivasan, ext: 2365 (email: sreenivasan)
1. Shilpa Choudhary (email: c.shilpa)
2. Suchetana Chakraborty (email: suchetana)
3. Pravati Swain (email: pravati)
1. Mathematics for Computer Science by Eric Lehman, F Thomson Leighton and Albert R Meyer, 2011. A copy of the book can be downloaded from the website. This will be the main textbook. Lecture notes from the MIT course based on the book.
2. Advanced Engineering Mathematics, 6/e by Peter V. O'Neil, Cengage Learning India Pvt Ltd (2008), ISBN 9788131503102. This will be the text for the linear algebra part.
Late assignments would be penalised by deducting (10 × no. of days of lateness) % of the marks. Any form of copying will incur zero marks.