Sanjay Kumar Bose
||B.Tech (IIT/K), M.S. & Ph.D. (Stony Brook, USA)
Department of EEE, I.I.T. Guwahati,
GUWAHATI - 781039
||+91 361 258 2521
||+91 361 258 2542, +91 361 269 0762
- Professor, Department of Electrical Engineering, Indian
Institute of Technology, Kanpur, India (1991-2003)
- Assistant Professor, Department of Electrical Engineering,
Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur, India (1982-1991)
- Member, Technical Staff, Corporate R & D, General Electric Co.
Schenectady, NY, USA
- Visiting Faculty, University of Adelaide, Adelaide, SA,
- Visiting Faculty, Queensland University of Technology, Brisbane,
- Visiting Faculty, University of Pretoria, Pretoria, South Africa
- Visiting Faculty, Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology,
- Senior Fellow, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
- Associate Professor, School of EEE, NTU, Singapore
- Dean, Alumni Affairs & External Relations, IIT Guwahati (Sept
2011 - March 2014)
|Areas of Interest
- Modeling, Simulation and Analysis of Communication Networks
- Performance of WDM Systems
- ATM Networks
Queuing Networks QNAT Software
- Network Applications
- Multiple Access Schemes
- Mobile Satellite Systems
- Communication & Queueing Related Software Development
Ph.D. Theses Guided
 K.K. Islam, "Digital Protection of EHV/UHV Transmission Line"
 B. Venkataramani, "Queueing Analysis of a Non-preemptive MMPP/D/1/K Priority
System for Applications in ATM Networks"
 M.V. Vinodkumar, "A Flow Model Based, Control Theoretic Approach to Dynamic
Routing in Some Structured Communication Networks"
 T.S. Rao, "Approximate Modeling of the Call-level Output Process of an ATM
 Vivek Mudgil, "A Study of QoS based Management of Congestion using
Backpressure Mechanism and Call Admission Control in ATM Networks"
 Bin Chen, "Dynamic Traffic
Grooming in IP/MPLS over WDM Networks"
 Chee Wah Tan, "Advanced Routing
Techniques for Wireless Ad-hoc Networks"
 Samar Shailendra, "Multipath
Transport and Flow Division in Multihome Hosts"
- Senior Member, IEEE (Chairperson, IEEE Uttar Pradesh Section,
- Member, Sigma Xi
- Member, Eta Kappa Nu
- Fellow, IETE (India)
If you want to see some pictures from my
Picture Gallery, click
here. Hope you like them!
Here is the KIAP report, in case you are