Hostel Affairs Board, IIT Guwahati
The Hostel Affairs Board is the apex decision and policy making body for Hostels. It acts as a central coordinating body and its main function is to ensure proper working of the Hostel Management Committees (HMC) in individual hostels as per the directions laid by the Hostel Constitution and the HAB Procedures And Resolutions (HABPR). The HAB works under the purview of the Hostel Constitution and ensures that the rules and policies set up are followed.
- HAB shall handle all correspondence and propose agenda items for the consideration of the Senate.
- HAB may propose amendments to the Hostel Constitution from time to time for consideration of the Senate.
- Broad guidelines related to disciplinary measures at different level in hostels will be formulated by HAB from time to time. In case of monetary punishment, the quantum of punishment at different levels will be fixed by HAB.
- HAB can constitute a committee comprising of faculty members outside the HAB for deciding the following awards for the institute hostels, every year:
The awards may be announced at the last hostel day celebration.
- Cultural activities
- The HAB shall allot Hostel Rooms to all bonafide students of the Institute subject to availability
- The HAB shall allot accommodation (on availability) to the Institute Project Staff and the delegates/ sponsored persons/trainees from other Institutions/ all others who are authorized to stay in the hostels for specified periods of duration in the hostels. All corroespondence related to accommodation in hostels should be addressed to the Chairman HAB
- The HAB shall be responsible for the implementation of all the decisions of the Institute concerning students' hostel.
Dr. C. Mallikarjuna
Dept. Phone: 2424
Res. Phone: 4424
HAB Phone No.: 2164
chr_hab @ iitg.ernet.in