Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the key goal of this wearable?
Currently, the consumer wearables we have in the market are focussed on fitness. But we believe that to make a wearable effective, it needs to track beyond fitness and should track holistic health and wellness of a person. That is the ultimate goal of this wearable.
2. Are all the 6 sensors required to be measured and be part of the modular wearable
Yes, ideally we would like to have all 6 sensors in the wearable.
3. Must we have details about how each sensor will work and the electronics of the components, or a basic circuit diagram and explanation will suffice.
No, you do not have to work on the electronics of the components. What we expect is a basic understanding of what kind of sensors can be used and what is the efficiency of the sensors when places at a particular location. For eg, a heart rate sensor will have maximum efficiency near the chest and lower efficiency on the wrist. On the other hand, a gut monitoring sensor will have maximum efficiency near the abdomen. You have to, therefore, walk us through the pros and cons of your design with respect to efficiency of sensing a particular function.
4. What is meant by sunlight exposure?
Sunlight exposure sensing would ideally mean for how long you have soaked sunlight and how much of your body has soaked sunlight. You should try to design your wearable such that both aspects can be covered.
5. What is meant by abdominal sounds, signals and movement?
The sounds coming from your abdomen/gut can potentially give important information on your long term health. Therefore, the sensor should try to capture the sounds, movements coming from your stomach.
6. Tell us more about the Tata Group Technology and Innovation Office
Below are a few links where you can read about us and our vision: