The Electro Medical and Speech Technology (EMST) Laboratory was set up in the department of Electronics and Electrical Engineering (EEE), Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Guwahati during 2004. The laboratory focuses on the research and development activities related to biomedical signal and image processing, speech signal processing, coding and technology areas.
Some of the current topics of interest include speech enhancement, speaker recognition, children speech recognition, speech synthesis, stressed speech processing, fundus image processing, ECG signal processing, biometrics and handwriting data processing.
This website provides information about the achievements, outcomes of the research and development activities and also the events organized by the group members.
To be a leading research and development group in the biomedical and speech processing areas.
Long Term Goals
- To carryout fundamental and applied research.
- To carryout sponsored and consultancy project works.
- To develop low cost biomedical and speech processing systems.
- To innovate indigenous technology for Indian scenario.
- To produce manpower (PhD) in the biomedical and speech processing areas.
Short Term Goals
- To offer elective courses for research scholars, graduate and undergraduate students on the advanced topics.
- To produce manpower (MTech and BTech) who have exposure to biomedical and speech processing areas.
- To organize seminars, short term courses, workshops and conferences in biomedical and speech processing areas.