* [CLRS]: Introduction to Algorithms by Cormen, Leiserson, Riverst, and Stein, Third Edition.
* [KT]: Algorithm Design by Jon Kleinberg and Eva Tardos, First Edition.
* Prereq denotes that this topic is expected to be taught in an earlier course; hence, only reviewed in this course.
* AR stands for additional reading (no lecture delivered but included in syllabus).
* EP stands for a problem of importance but it is given as part of an exam/homework.
* NS says that it is not part of the syllabus although it was taught.